Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Summer has begun

I have to admit. After my 5 month long fling with a douche-loser ended, I had this feeling that I might not get laid by anyone new again this whole Summer. First of all, it seems to be difficult to meet people in a city where you seem to know everyone, or bump into at least one person you know a day. Second of all, everyone you hook up with is connected somehow, ie. my ex who I still 'hang out with' is now besties with the friend of a dude who i madeout with a few weeks ago, whose cousin I 'hung out with.' My point: This city has a nack for fucking you over, because when you have your eye on a tasty little prize, that prize turns out to be a friend of someone you already screwed.

BUT THEN..

I met the perfect candidate for a Summer Fling (It's technically still Spring, but because there's finally nice weather here, I call it Summer, ok?!). After attending a party this weekend (where 2 dudes I previously 'hung out with' resided), I was dragged, relunctantly, to a second parlty without my 2 sidekicks. One of my sidekicks went to a restaurant and proceeded to vomit the entire night, and the other went home to get laid. I figured, why the hell shouldn't I go to this party with an aquaintance and 5 other guys I met that night? Right? Because....WHY NOT?

So I go to this party, it takes me an hour to get there, as we are on foot, and once I get there, I notice I am the oldest one there. Literally. I was intoxicated, so maybe everyone just seemed young and lame. So after half an hour, I left. The plan was to walk home alone. Enter: Irish. As I walk out the back door, I see a beautiful Irishman standing and talking to some chickies. Our eyes meet, and he ends conversation with said chickies to talk to me. I can't even remember what we were talking about; I just remember a stream of piss flowing from the rooftop onto the ground in the background. The romantic mood was set. I tell him I am leaving because I don't know anyone and someone is pissing off the roof. He asks to walk me home, and I oblige. On the way home, I found out he is witty, charming, Irish, and lives in Toronto. I figured this was perfect for a one night stand and would give me something to blog about (and also....sex. Duh.) So I told him to lock up his bike and come inside.

We talked for hours and he complimented a lot, which I figured was to get into my onesie. But then yada yada yada, for an hour, and he was still dishing out compliments and being all witty and charming. Then eventually he left in the morning, and said "I'm leaving town tomorrow morning...but maybe I will get to see you tonight." I thought the guy was nutso because I'm not having a two-night-stand. But then I found out he was a talented musician and also was just really awesome...so I ended up two-night-standing it that night and having another great night. Now he's gone and I am left with this excited feeling. A moral, rather: Just because some people are douche-losers, doesn't mean you can't find a foreigner to bang to get you back on track and ready for Summer!

4 comments:

  1. its funny cause when you said irish i thought hey i think i know who she's talkin about, then when you said he's a musician i'm like ...uh...and i think i may have also fooled around with this guy on one of my worst nights ever. can we confirm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. Oh. Dear. Since I'm not a fan of names... what did the dude look like? This is so Winnipeg. Even though he doesn't live here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and why have you not sent him to me!??!

    ReplyDelete