Saturday, May 21, 2011

For the Sake of Research: Abstinence

Last week I was at a party and got super drunk. No story there, this is not really that unusual for me. The wonderful thing about my life in this city is that for the most part my girl friends don't know my guy friends, so when I hang around my guy friends it's usually me and a harem of men. Well more like a stinky rented living room filled with boys talking about sports, but who am I to complain. This party in particular was at a ritzy apartment high above the city and flowing with booze. I am a habitual flirt; I can't stop talking, I can't keep my hands to myself and I can't stop once I get started. So the drink starts rising to my cheeks and I am flirting with Cute Boy NON-DRINKING boy. I find out he is coming to my hometown for the summer so of course I offer to take him out on the town. I leave a little room for the idea that maybe we would hook up. I think I ruined the mystic though when I had to ask him what his name was, even though we've met before. With that chance ruined Mr. Hook Up walks in, so I ditch Non-Drinker because it is impossible for me to resist the urge I get when he comes around. Not that he is attractive at all or that he is smart/interesting/rich etc. but because I know that I have a chance. And that is really all that matters.

One thing leads to another and we end up in the guest bedroom. And then thats it. My memory stops. Did something happen? Did I have drunken sloppy sex? Did I lay there like a floppy fish? Nope. I passed out. And when I woke up the next morning with my shirt still on I doubted that anything happened. I was right. I got nothing. How upsetting. So instead of reflecting on the idea that I drink to much, I instead decided to ban drunken sex until I came home for the summer.

Last night it was put to the test. I avoided Mr. Hook Up a little to avoid all the flirting, but not enough to make him think that I was upset with him. Yeah I made out with him a little, but we didn't really talk. I also avoided his dancing, but thats mostly because he is terrible at it. And then I intentionally went home alone. And you know how fulfilled I was? Not at all. Not only that, but in the morning there was no one there to take me out for breakfast, and no reason to clean my sheets. So my abstinence kick has lasted for a week, and now that I am ditching it, I don't know if I have much of a choice in the matter. Well, until next week.

Next weekend is the last weekend in my big city summer. I think I need to go out with a bang...

No comments:

Post a Comment