Sunday, May 1, 2011

jumping IN

I am meeting a dude for coffee tomorrow. A dude from the INTERNET. Tomorrow I shall be losing my "meeting men from the internet" virginity*.

Dimples** and I have been emailing back and forth for about a month. He originally messaged me on Okcupid (with my skeleton pictureless profile) because my username was the title of one of his favourite songs, and he just "had to".



Dimples is a frustrating mix of characteristics that I like a lot (dimples, deep voice***, beard, plastic framed glasses) and characteristics that I am far less pleased about (short!, balding?, 28, what do them teeth look like?).  That being said, I once thought that really tall men were the bees fucking knees, until I realized that a huge difference in height gets complicated in the sack. And, I am wildly attracted to a balding man from work. And, I would totally be fine with dating someone older than that. SO WHAT GIVES!?

wish me luck, ladies.

ALSO: A few months ago I decided that in May I would give internet dating a real try. So, today I uploaded pictures.  I feel like a freak! BUT ALSO, I can't help but wonder...

* I may have played some "just the tip" re: meeting men this way a few years ago, but that's a story for another day.
**not his real name
*** like REALLY DEEP. It was like there were R's rolling in words that didn't even have R's!

2 comments:

  1. this tall man in bed issue has yet to cause any problems for me! but i've only gone up to a foot taller then me. i don't know how tall you're talkin' 'bout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tallest was about 6'5. He was all torso. It wasn't a good situation.

    but it probably had more to do with the fact that I didn't really like him that much.

    ReplyDelete