Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Man Stalking

All my pals have left the country and are having great successes with men on their respective vacations. It sucks so bad so I decided I had to go out into the world alone to find me a man.

I frequent the Osborne Village Starbucks regularly as it is very close to work. On my last couple of visits I had noticed a man who sits in the same spot around the same time everyday. He sits there with his beard and his cap and he writes about CSS hacking (I read over his shoulder one day). He is cute and awkward and dorky and I want him.

So today I packed up my laptop and my notebook and I sat down next to his regular spot. I made sure to get there a little earlier than him. Just as he walks into the door a horrible old woman with socks and sandals sits down in his spot! He had to go sit on the other side of the cafe where I couldn't even see him!!!!

My plan was foiled.

Naomi says this is stalking but I think it would only have been stalking if I followed him out of the cafe. I should have followed him out of the cafe. I considered it.

4 comments:

  1. "observational research"

    naomi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny but doubly so because it is pretty much the story of my life!
    Finding blogs based in Winnipeg always makes my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what the fuck did I just stumble across

    is this supposed to be a private diary or something?

    where is the entry about me

    ReplyDelete