Thursday, December 8, 2011

Asking a boy out IN REAL LIFE

As someone who has no problem asking someone out via text or email, I have a super hard time asking someone out in person. IN REAL LIFE.

After a sex free period of 2.5 months, due to seeing a man with morals and also being in a general funk, I have found myself getting back to my slutty ways.

This Saturday I have a date with a latin man I am hoping to ravish, on Monday I have plans for beer and fooseball with some other dude, and then on Tuesday I am going for coffee with a highschool teacher.

I am excited for these outings and am glad to be getting out there again and meeting new people but these guys are not the ones I am REALLY excited for....

I work in a store that sells cool gift stuff and although most of the customers are women, we do have a few men come in from time to time. Lately there has been one male customer who has really stood out to me.

I don't know his name, but everytime he comes in I make sure to help him and we spend a lot of time chatting and there is some flirting. The last time he was in I was really awkward and flustered because I realized I had a crush on him and I really wanted to do something about it. I resolved that the next time he was in I would ask him out.

Cut to yesterday.

He walked in the store and we locked eyes right away and I couldn;t help myself from grinning really happily at him and I got a really big smile in return! We chatted a bit and he showed me pictures from a recent trip to Asia. We flirted and I tried to be cool and not get flustered like last time.

I knew I had to be proactive. I was going to do it. I was going to ask him out. Fuck, I was nervous.

I was alone behind the counter for a minute, getting his items ready to bag. He was walking towards the counter. I realized other people were walking towards the counter too! If I asked him out there would be an audience!

MOMENT OF PANIC.

I quickly grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled down a note with my name and number and taped it to the largest item in his bag.

It felt like chickening out and I regretted it as soon as he walked out. I considered following him outside but I had already felt kind of resigned.

Because it's Christmas and the things he bought were gifts he probably won't look in the bag until December 24th and I am worried that he might feel like it's too late or something....

GAWD. WHY DIDN'T I JUST SUCK IT UP AND ASK HIM AND FIND OUT THEN AND THERE IF HE IS SINGLE OR NOT?!

Now I play the waiting game. Maybe I will get laid by the latin man in the meantime.

1 comment: