Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Too Nice?

Yesterday I was faced with the dilemma of which guy to spend the day with: The Nice Guy OR the sketchy Drug Guy.

I made the decision pretty quickly and had the Drug Guy over for beers. It was innocent, unfortunately. We sat on my balcony and seriously just drank beer and chatted.

After yesterday's visit I realized that I am less attracted to him than I thought. This is not to say that I would turn down sleeping with him if the opportunity did arise, but I will be making little to no effort to get to that point. He is moving in across the back lane in a month, and we have made plans to drink together as well as other things, so who knows what could happen.

I spent today considering what drew me to Drug Guy instead of Nice Guy and I realized that the reason is so simple:

Drug Guy is confident, up for a good time, talkative, and proactive. He is weird, but I am drawn to him because he is outgoing.

Nice Guy is nervous and quiet and although he and I can have a conversation, I mostly have to keep the conversation going. He is quick to laugh, and he makes me laugh too, but he is kind of wimpy. He has also just gotten out of a marriage and it sounds like his wife walked all over him and to be honest, I could see myself being and asshole to him too. Not even on purpose, but because he would never call me out. He also has anxiety issues which prevent him from going out to bars etc.

I am NOT writing Nice Guy off...that would be stupid. But I am also kind of bored with him already. I am trying to think of something that will bring him out of his shell a bit more without freaking him out.

Nice Guy and I also have plans to build giant papier mache animal heads. It's nice that he is interested in making crafts and stuff.

I just need to wait until this massive zit clears up and my nose stops running.

No comments:

Post a Comment