Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hot Dead Guys

As you may know, I have a thing for old guys and graveyards.  This post potentially has something to do with both of those things, which is why I am so excited about it.

Let's talk about hot dead guys!

Now, don't fret just yet.  I'm not talking about going all necrophiliac-y all over the place.  I am talking about guys in history who happened to be hot and now happen to be dead.  I am appreciating the hottness that existed when they did happen to be alive... Got it?  Good.  Moving on.

Sadakichi Hartmann


(November 8, 1867 - November 22, 1944)
Poet and a critic.
The dude went by the title King of the Bohemians.
Need I say more?  No.  Obviously.

Ernst Haeckel

(Hottie on the left)

(February 16, 1834 – August 9, 1919)
Biologist, naturalist, philosopher, physician, professor, and artist.
Not only was this stud a genius, he also had mad skills when it came to shit like painting.
Please admire the following image and note that he and I are practically the same person because I totally just painted some mushrooms to hang in my kitchen.

Talk about soul mates.

Rupert Brooke

 
(3 August 1887 – 23 April 1915)
English poet.
He was hot and then he died in Greece from an infected mosquito bite.
Lame.
But still hot.

Ivor Novello

 

(15 January 1893 – 6 March 1951)
Welsh composer, singer, and actor.
Can we just pause to imagine crying out the name "IVOR!!!" in bed.
It's all magic my friends.

I hope you enjoyed my short foray into the past.  For more reading on hot dead guys please refer to Bangable Dudes in History.  They are a much better read and will probably make you swoon with their pie charts...

1 comment: